HOME DELIVERY PORTAL | PURINA | DOWNLOAD OUR APP
What I should know about prescriptions medication requests
Can I get my pet's medication from anyone? In Maryland, it is unlawful for a veterinarian to write a prescription or dispense a prescription drug without a Veterinarian-Client-Patient Relationship. According to the AVMA a Veterinarian-Client-Patient Relationship exists when your pet’s veterinarian knows your pet well enough to be able to diagnose and treat any medical conditions your animal develops. This is established only when your veterinarian examines your animal in person and is maintained by regular annual veterinary visits to monitor your pet's health. For more information visit the AVMA website.
What information will you need? Please have your name, your pet’s name, and the veterinarian your pet is seeing. As well as the prescription name, milligram (mg) strength, quantity needed, and directions.
How quickly can I get my pet's medication? All medication requests including refills are subject to doctor approval so please make sure to allow plenty of notice when submitting requests.
- Regular pharmacy medications can take up to 48 hours (2 business days) to process.
- Special order, controlled substances and compounded medication may take up to 5 business days to process.
- Requests submitted prior to or just after a holiday may also notice a delay in processing.
How can I request medication for my pet?
- Call the clinic and leave a message for our Pharmacy Technician (option 1)
- Request medication through our Funkstownvet app
- Order medication directly from our Home Deliver Portal.
Fill your pet's medications from the comfort of your home.
- An easy and convenient way to get your pets medication at home.
- Access to products that are 100% guaranteed by the manufacturer.
- Medication and other medical supplies ship for free on orders over $49. (does not apply to pet food)
- AutoShip is also available for free shipping on pet food, preventions and other long-term medications.
- Products are backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
- Access to product and shipping discounts.
- Guaranteed to be in stock because it is being shipped STRAIGHT FROM THE MANUFACTURER
- AutoShip feature ensures that you’ll always receive the right products, exactly when you need them (Ship for Free)!
If your pet is currently on a Purina Proplan® Prescription Veterinary Diet, Fortiflora or Calming Care, or they eat an over-the-counter Proplan® Diet just enter our clinic code 7GGBU.